CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The game that got me back into gaming.

Another gamerdad, Twin Moons, got me thinking about my gaming history. I grew up playing video games. Pong, Atari, Commodore 64, NES, went right along with Hot Wheels, Lego's, and Star Wars action figures for me. In high school however, I lost interest. Part time jobs, cars, friends seemed to occupy most of my time. Then off to college, a two year mission for my church, more college, full time job, marriage, buying a house, first child, finishing the basement, having twins........
Thats when I decided I needed I need an outlet. A hobby, something relaxing that I could pick up and do at home in the evenings after work and in between taking care of kids. My Ebay found Nintendo 64 was the answer! It was not the current console at the time, but it had been 15 years since I had last picked up a controller so I was a little intimidated by the current Game Cubes, PS2's and original Xbox's.
I don't remember all the games that came with the console, but one was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. The original Zelda game from the NES was one of my favorites, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. Oh man, was I blown away. The graphics, the story, the 3D environment, the music, I really felt as if I had entered another world; something I had never experienced in a game before. Monica, who at the time had never looked at a video game for more than five seconds, was also caught up in the game just watching me play and reading the strategy guide for me. This was one of the few games that I never wanted to end.

1 comments:

Monica said...

Good Job dear! yes this was a fun game for both of us.